Situated on the side of Llyn Padarn at the foot of Mount Snowdon, I can list brieﬂy some of the many things to do.
On arrival at Adwy’r Dwr, there are many brochures and literature to help you plan your days including attractions near Adwyr Dwr.
For greater detail please follow our links.
– Biking – (remember the bikes in the bike shed)
– Climbing – (outdoor climbs and Beacon indoor climbing centre)
– Birdwatching – in wild and also RSPB reserves.
– Fishing – Coarse , sea or boat trips
– Canoeing – on Llyn Padarn.
– Electric mountain power station
– Llanberis Slate Museum
– Castle bagging – (6 of the best within 30 miles)
– Scuba Diving – either in quarry pools or the sea.
– Plas Menai – national water sports centre only 5 miles away.
– Swimming – in lakes or hidden pools, the sea or public pools in Caernarfon or Bangor.
– Golf – 18 holes at Caernarfon and Nefyn. Range and 9 hole at Bangor.
– Railways – The West Highland railway now runs from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. There is also the lakeside railway along Llyn Padarn and of course, for those who would rather not climb, the world famous rack and pinion, up Snowdon.
For links to local attractions please click here.